Monday, April 23, 2007

Something borrowed.

OK, so my brother told me a few months ago about his engagement to his girl friend. Needless to say I wasn't exactly super excited or jumping up and down. I mean I am happy for him but she wouldn't be my pick, if you know what I mean. She can be quite nice and extremely forgiving (almost to a fault) but let's face it, she has shit for brains.
A few weeks ago, my mother and I had plans to go up to Fargo and do a little shopping. I called my mom and asked if we should invite her along to feel "welcomed". It went surprisingly well. We got along swimmingly and I helped her pick out a wedding dress. It's beautiful and black. This will be her third marriage after all.
So after reading this story I just about died laughing. If this happens at my brothers wedding, I certainly hope I am not the one that will be the giver or taker of any blows. If it does happen and the "bride" gets a bruise, at least she will have something that's blue.

No comments: